NSCAD currently has two Canada Research Chairs – Dr. Charmaine A. Nelson, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Transatlantic Black Diasporic Art and Community Engagement and Dr. Leah Decter, Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Creative Technologies and Community Engagement. The CRCs employment is governed by CRCP policies and the FUNSCAD Unit 1 Collective Agreement.
CRC Equity Targets
Based on the population of Canada, the CRC’s 2029 equity targets are as follows:
- Indigenous peoples – 4.9%
- Persons with disabilities – 7.5%
- Racialized minorities – 22%
- Women – 50.9%
NSCAD University, as a small institution (with fewer than 40 chairs), commits to meet the established targets for larger institutions.
Important links and resources:
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Requirements and Practices
- 2019 Addendum to the 2006 Canadian Human Rights Settlement Agreement
- Program Statistics
- EDI progress report
- CRCP utilization spreadsheet
- Requirement for recruiting and nominating CRCs
EDI Requests for Information, Questions or Concerns
At NSCAD, all feedback and requests for information are received and addressed by the EDI Steering Group (comprised of Leanne Dowe, CFO; Isabelle Nault, AVP Operations; and Ann-Barbara Graff, Provost). If you would like to contact the steering group, email EDI@nscad.ca and you will receive a response within 1-2 business days.
Canada Research Chair Opportunities at NSCAD
There are currently no open positions.
Archived Vacancy Notices:
- Canada Research Chair (Tier 1) Indigenous Art and Community Engagement or Transatlantic Black Diasporic Art and Community Engagement
- Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) in Creative Technology
If you have questions, comments or would like to participate in NSCAD’s EDI efforts, please email EDI@nscad.ca.