Externally funded research has expanded significantly in the past few years, and with this growth comes an increased demand for a variety of services. The Office of Research Services provides assistance to the NSCAD research community by:
• Providing information on sources of grant funding
• Promoting grant applications and contract proposals by NSCAD faculty
• Supporting project planning, proposal development and project coordination
• Processing requests for research funds
• Representing NSCAD in negotiations between research sponsors and faculty
• Arranging acceptance of funds for sponsored research
• Processing all research-related transactions (travel claims, reimbursements, equipment purchases, etc)
• Assisting in the organization and presentation of collaborative research ventures
• Acting as a liaison between researchers and NSCAD administrative departments
• Assisting with ethical and environmental considerations for research projects
• Assisting with the development of research policies and procedures
• Preparing all financial and outcome reporting to research sponsors
• Promoting research within and beyond the NSCAD community
The Research Support Fund assists Canadian post-secondary institutions with the costs associated with managing their research enterprise, helping them to maintain a world-class research environment. The Research Support Fund for universities is calculated based on a proportion of Tri-Council funded grants earned over a three-year period. The RSF can be used to:
In 2019-20, NSCAD used its RSF support to fund research talks, research office grant support to faculty and for the library’s purchase of online direct licences, cataloguing functions. NSCAD commits to publicly and actively communicate how RSF funds are used at the institution to support research activities. This means that every OAAR organized research talk, whenever the research officer provides assistance to a faculty member on a grant application, when library consortia licenses are purchased the RSF will be acknowledged.
Supported through SSHRC’s Institutional Grants program, NSCAD provides seed funding for faculty research projects through an adjudicated application process. Inquiries on the application process can be directed to the Office of Research Services.
A fillable PDF file can be accessed below. Please complete the form electronically. To submit the completed form, either print a hard copy to deliver to the Office of Academic Affairs and Research or click on ‘submit’ at the top of the form.